History and Information
One of 13 YPT-14’s ever made and the only 1 of 4 flying on record. Delivered to the Army Air Corps (Acceptance #40-23) in “Stars ‘n Bars,” Wright Field, Dayton, Ohio, August 1939. Utilized for primary and basic aerobatic training, it was later used in the Civilian Pilot Training Corps Program during WWII. After being released from Wright Field, the aircraft was commissioned as a training aircraft at the Tuskegee Institute in Tuscaloosa, Alabama; home of the 332nd Fighter Group, the famed “Tuskegee Airman”.
Rare attributes include: Curtis Reed 55501 Full Length, 101” prop, Original WACO cowl (not UC-78), Ownership history including Juan Tripp’s (founder of PanAmerican Airways) partner, and the owner of WACO Aircraft.
Hangar full of spare parts including and not limited to: Continental W670-6A QEC with less than 400 hrs., Cylinder assembly (QEC- 0TSN Aero Engines, Zero time Carb, E-80 Starter, (4) sets of main landing gear seals, (3) new 10” Cleveland brake disks, shop manuals, Bracket Air Filter elements, Original “single seat” for front cockpit, Original ailerons, Hayes wheels, and too much more to list.